Skip to main content

Topic Brainstorm

Kamadeva, The God of Love
This topic interests me because I have always been a sucker for a good love story so I assume the God of Love is responsible for many. Although Kamadeva is portrayed as the "cupid" god since he wields bow and arrows, I want to take a more modern route if I were to tell his stories. I do not have any previous knowledge about Kamadeva, however, if I were to chose this as my storybook topic, I want to learn all about him and the many stories he has been involved in. 
(Kamadeva, God of Love; Source: Wikipedia)

Here are the love stories and people I would like to retell their stories and explore more:
Pradyumna, the reincarnate of Kamadeva: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pradyumna
The love story of Rama and Sita: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sita#Marriage

Karma
This is another topic that I find very interesting. The idea and concept of Karma has always been intriguing. For this topic, I would want to examine in closer details different stories and the actions that the characters take. For example, in the anthology reading we did, I further analyzed the crane and the crab story. This story shows a great example of Karma as the crane does continuous bad things with no punishment until the end of the story when the crab punishes him by killing him. 
Here are some different concepts that surround karma in the Hindu religion:

Reincarnation
Reincarnation is a topic as of lately that has become more interesting to me. I think this topic could be cool from a storybook standpoint. I could follow the reincarnation of 2 or 3 gods and tell their stories from their multiple reborn souls. I do not have much knowledge about reincarnation or about specific gods who have been reincarnated so I think learning about all the different souls and how different the personalities are will be interesting.
Here are some different god and characters I could possibly learn more about from their original souls to their reincarnated souls:
Sita reincarnated to Vedavati: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sita
Draupadi reincarnated to Nalayani: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draupadi

Jataka Tales
Reading through the different Jataka Tales during Week 2 anthology was very interesting. The different styles of storytelling traditions from the Buddhist helped me understand characters and look a characters in a different way. My knowledge about the Jataka Tales is very base level but I think a cool way to use this topic for my project would be to retell the tales in different ways. I think using one specific tales and retelling it 2 or 3 different ways using different characters and settings would be interesting to show how the theme and the message stays the same.
(Image depicting many of the Jataka Tales: Source: Wikimedia)

Here are some possible tales that I would consider retelling:







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future PA

Hi everyone, my name is Lindsey. I am a junior here at the University of Oklahoma. I am originally from the Dallas, TX area much like a big portion of the students here at OU. My major is Health and Exercise Science, pre-PA. I have always been interested in sports and sport related injuries so I plan to become a PA for an orthopedic surgeon. The coolest thing about being a Health and Exercise Science major, or any major that is on a medical track, is that you have to take anatomy here at the university. The really unique thing about OU's anatomy course is that it is with cadaver. While that may freak most people out, the opportunities OU students have with having a cadaver experience really help for later admission into medical and graduate programs. Out of all my classes I have taken so far, that class would have to be the most challenging but also the coolest experience. As I said earlier, I am a big sports girl and root for all the Dallas teams, the Dallas Stars and

Comment Wall- College and Karma

Thank you in advance for your feedback. Karma Works (Portrayed is the idea that Karma is continuous repercussions of our actions: Source:  Wikimedia )

Week 5 Story: The It Couple

Updated version of the story located at  College and Karma . (Express Your Love; Source:  Needpix ) At the University of Oklahoma, Ryan and Sarah were the couple to be. Everyone envied what they had and wanted a relationship like theirs, even if it meant ruining their relationship. Ryan and Sarah were juniors at the university, but the moment they locked eyes at a frat party one Halloween night during freshman year, they were hooked. It was love, and lust, at first sight. Sarah was a preacher's daughter and had only had short relationships in high school while Ryan was Mr. Popular Jock and definitely made a reputation for himself as a player. Let's just say, high school Sarah and Ryan probably would not have been a thought in anyone's mind. Sarah was the sweet, loyal girl who was friends with everyone and Ryan was the jock that was a part of the exclusive, "cool" crowd. Sarah's dad, Joe, being a preacher, was very strict and concerned about who his dau