Skip to main content

Biography: The Crayon Door

My first house in Texas was literally 100 steps away from my best friend, Caroline. We met through our older siblings, who carpooled to school together. It was in 2000, when I was one year old, that I met my best friend. They say that once you are friends with someone for 7 years, that the friendship will last forever. I am a firm believer in this, as it has been 20 years and we are still as connected as ever.

It was a cold, wintery day in Texas and little Lindsey and little Caroline were up to no good as usual. Caroline's older brother Carter told us to go to her room. Us, being the little terrors we were at 3 years old, went into Caroline's room to scheme up a plan. Carter and his friend, Mason, came to her door and started banging on it, trying to bother us. When we wouldn't open the door, they started shoving crayons and other pens under the door to try and get us to open it. Now, I'm sure at this point in the story, you know what happened. Of course being 3 years old, we didn't really know what was right and wrong... we just did the first thing that came to mind. Draw on the back of her bedroom door. Yep, we were taking crayons and drawing all in the creases and texture of the door. We had a blast doing this because what 3 year old doesn't like to draw and color? Especially when it's on a new surface they haven't used before! About 30 minutes pass by before Caroline's mom comes to see what we were doing. When she found what we had done, she was beyond mad. But not at us! She was furious with Carter and Mason for giving us the pens and crayons.

Thinking back to this story, it is one of the most vivid memories I have with Caroline and just as a kid in general. Sure Caroline and I go to school 6 hours apart from each other, but memories like these are something we will always have.
(Caroline and Lindsey at 3 years old; Photo taken December 2002)

Author Note: The purpose of this story was to help me work on my narrative skills in my storytelling. I chose to tell this story because it is one that I have told numerous times and I like to reflect back on happy times that I had with my best friend. This story to this day is still one that Caroline's mom will bring up about how wild we were when we were young.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future PA

Hi everyone, my name is Lindsey. I am a junior here at the University of Oklahoma. I am originally from the Dallas, TX area much like a big portion of the students here at OU. My major is Health and Exercise Science, pre-PA. I have always been interested in sports and sport related injuries so I plan to become a PA for an orthopedic surgeon. The coolest thing about being a Health and Exercise Science major, or any major that is on a medical track, is that you have to take anatomy here at the university. The really unique thing about OU's anatomy course is that it is with cadaver. While that may freak most people out, the opportunities OU students have with having a cadaver experience really help for later admission into medical and graduate programs. Out of all my classes I have taken so far, that class would have to be the most challenging but also the coolest experience. As I said earlier, I am a big sports girl and root for all the Dallas teams, the Dallas Stars and

Comment Wall- College and Karma

Thank you in advance for your feedback. Karma Works (Portrayed is the idea that Karma is continuous repercussions of our actions: Source:  Wikimedia )

Week 5 Story: The It Couple

Updated version of the story located at  College and Karma . (Express Your Love; Source:  Needpix ) At the University of Oklahoma, Ryan and Sarah were the couple to be. Everyone envied what they had and wanted a relationship like theirs, even if it meant ruining their relationship. Ryan and Sarah were juniors at the university, but the moment they locked eyes at a frat party one Halloween night during freshman year, they were hooked. It was love, and lust, at first sight. Sarah was a preacher's daughter and had only had short relationships in high school while Ryan was Mr. Popular Jock and definitely made a reputation for himself as a player. Let's just say, high school Sarah and Ryan probably would not have been a thought in anyone's mind. Sarah was the sweet, loyal girl who was friends with everyone and Ryan was the jock that was a part of the exclusive, "cool" crowd. Sarah's dad, Joe, being a preacher, was very strict and concerned about who his dau